Our Commitment to Safety
Superior products are constructed with the utmost care and precision and designs comply with national safety standards. However, personal safety begins with good fire management. The temperatures of surfaces in and around a fire can become extremely hot during operation. It is essential to monitor traffic around a Superior Fireplace to prevent burns and to protect the overall safety of your home and loved ones.
Tips for Safe Operation
- Always read and follow the instructions for the safe use and maintenance of your Superior Fireplace.
- Surfaces on fireplaces, stoves and inserts get EXTREMELY HOT!
- The glass on the front of a fireplace reaches EXTREMELY HIGH temperatures and can cause severe burns if touched.
- Surfaces around the fire—especially glass doors or panels—can stay very hot for long periods of time after operation has ended. Be aware that surfaces may stay warm from a lit pilot light, even if the product is not operating.
- Never leave young children or pets alone when operating a Superior Fireplace.
- Educate your family about fire safety before you begin operating a new Superior Fireplace.
- Use a firescreen (if applicable) for added safety.
- Always keep a hearth product remote away from small children.
To order a FREE Safety-In-Operation Warning Label for Gas Fireplaces, click here
Free Safety Guard Offer for Superior Single-Pane, Sealed Glass Front Gas Fireplaces*
Superior Fireplace Safety Guards provide some benefit relative to reducing the severity of a burn or injury against severe burns and injuries by preventing direct contact with the front glass surface of your gas fireplace through the use of a formed mesh screen that stands off from the unit. It is easy to install and is removable. This screen is not decorative but rather a safety device that should be used when children or other at-risk populations will be near the fireplace. However, it is not a substitute for following all safety guidelines included in the care and operation manual accompanying your fireplace.
* Safety Guards may not be available for some older models, which are no longer in production.
To order a FREE Safety Guard for your Superior single-pane, sealed glass front gas fireplace, click here
Decorative Firescreens for Superior Fireplaces
Superior Fireplace makes several types of firescreens available for fireplaces. While wood-burning, factory-built fireplaces come equipped with wire mesh draw screens, Superior Fireplace offers for purchase decorative firescreens for Superior brand gas fireplaces with single-pane glass panel fronts. These include Screen Panel Kits or Screen Barrier Kits which provide a mesh covering that prevents direct contact with the hot glass surface. Although these screens provide some benefit relative to reducing the severity of a burn, they are not intended as a safety device.
To purchase a Screen Panel Kit or Screen Barrier Kit, contact your local dealer
Remember, Safety is a Responsibility with any Fire-Associated Product
Consult your Superior Fireplace dealer for more information and read and understand the information in the Homeowner’s Care and Operation Manual that accompanies each appliance. Refer to these tips regularly and review with those in your home to assure careful operation and long-lasting comfort.
For more information on hearth product safety, visit the Hearth, Patio, & Barbecue Association (HPBA) at www.hpba.org.